How do I use this site? (We highly recommend bookmarking this page as UTS is a large Australian University)
Explore: Browse the Resources section and discover mathematics and tools using technology.
Assess yourself: follow these steps
There are three steps to use this site for your learning.
- We recommend that you use the "More..." link on the images carousel above to attempt a variety of tests to find out what areas need your attention.
- Guided exercises use Resources from the Resources/Library section and resources found on the WWW. The UTS resources are of a wide variety and are designed to help you. These are written to provide you with the requisite skills. You may also follow the recommended revision from your selected area after testing.
- Use the "More..." link on the images carousel again to re-test your skill in the area you have chosen. Repeat until mastery has taken hold.
- Current Staff and Students can log-in at the MSSC LOGIN module on the left, using the usual UTS, credentials. After login new menu items with more activities appear on the left sub-menus.
- If you are not a current student or staff-member you can use the public items.
Everyone is welcome to view the online UTS materials in the Resources repository, which is constantly being updated.
The next step is up to you!
Registration offers the following benefits:
- you can use the Mathematics Study Support Centre (Drop-in Room), CB04.03.331. Tutors will assist you with your mathematical learning.
- on further investigation inside this website you will find activities which are games based. Innovative technology provides you with a range of challenges to help you develop your mathematical skills and vocabulary, why not try it out?
- there are materials which embrace traditional modes of learning. Also there are resources which use blended modes of learning, which utilise online technology to augment the teaching and learning process.
MSSC strongly supports your ambitions in the mathematical sciences.